First steps are precious milestones
Welcome to Eternal Family Adoptions! We look forward to working with you. If you are ready to begin an adoption, the following is the process to apply with our agency.
Eligibility for Adoption
- Traditional married couples who center their lives in the teachings of Jesus Christ and strive to build an eternal family.
- Couples who are loyal to each other and have been married for three or more years.
- Each individual should exhibit high moral standards, be emotionally and mentally healthy, and exhibit good parenting skills.
- Applicants should be between the age of 24 and 50 years old and be in good physical health.
- Couples should have sufficient income to pay for adoption costs as well as care for their family.
- Individuals must clear a criminal and child abuse background screening.
- Individuals must have a favorable current adoptive home study.
- Adoptive families must have health insurance that will cover the child they hope to adopt.
- Adoptive families with more than four children are discouraged as they are seldom chosen by birth parents.
- Adoptive families must be willing to have their children immunized.
- If you live outside Utah, additional items may be required by other states.
Step 1 - Complete the Home Study
Complete or send us a current adoptive home study along with the supporting materials.
- If you have a current home study, please ask the agency or individual who did the home study to e-mail or mail an official copy of it to us.
- If you need a home study, contact a social worker in your area to help you. We provide Home Studies in Utah, Illinois, and Florida.
- If you want Eternal Family Adoptions to complete your home study, call the Adoptive Family Support line Mondays – Fridays, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. MT at 877-437-3424 or the office at 801-838-8018.
- In Utah, the cost for a complete Home Study through Eternal Family Adoption is $1000; $350 for an update. Most home studies are good for a year.
Download the Home Study Packets.
Step 2 - Submit the Application
Download and complete the Application then mail or scan it to us. A non-refundable application fee of $350 can be sent with the application or paid for on line using the links below.
Step 3 - Pay Application Fee
Eternal Family Adoptions is a not-for-profit organization.
There are no fees for expectant parents placing a child for adoption.
We uniquely offer a flat rate fee for adoptive families. This flat fee covers all costs after application to relinquishment. This includes direct and indirect fees to the birth mother, and legal fees for relinquishment. If there are any additional fees, such as medical costs, we will discuss them with you before you make your decision.
If placement fails, which they sometimes do, fees paid to the agency will roll to a new situation. Fees to Third Party Providers (even if paid through the agency) are refundable only if the provider agrees. For more information – Select Refund Policies.
Eternal Family Adoptions is committed to assuring that all birth parents have a choice of families from which to choose, and that each child has an adoptive family to go to.